Friday, October 1, 2010

Post 4 - Blackboard App - Rob

So, I finally downloaded the Blackboard app and really liked what it presented. Now, the more astute reader may ask, "Why not just go on the internet and go on blackboard that way?" Well, yes that does work. That is until you try and access any of the PDFs the professors have uploaded. The iPad can only display the first page and sometimes not the entire page. Of course I guess you could download a PDF reader for the iPad but I never got around to doing that.

I instead installed the blackboard app which has become as of this week very useful to one class I am taking involving the site quite a bit. So my review of it is that works very well. It displays a slightly different image of the site (cutely redesigned to look like a chalkboard) but it works exactly as the internet site. When bring up the class and then course documents, a PDF reader in the app allows you to view the documents in two styles, either through the web or by temporarily downloading it to the iPad. While it is not as fast as the internet on a computer, it works and is not a headache to pull up.

My only complaint with the app is that currently I cannot make it remember my login credentials. There is a switch to tell it to do so but I cannot toggle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment