Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weeks 3-5 Nate

The blackboard app for the ipad is finally working and I have to say it is pretty awesome. It looks like an old school teachers black board which is fun but the best part about it is that you can open up any reading or document a professor posts on it and then move them around on the screen to have them ready for class.
I've found that it is really useful except for the fact that if the ipad goes to sleep I have to resign in to the whole thing and reopen every document I had up.

I had my first experience taking legitimate notes on the ipad during a public forum meeting for the epa. Now that I've gotten used to typing on the touch screen it worked pretty well as long as you are willing to have a few spelling errors due to the auto-correct.

I've also started using the calender on the ipad which has been pretty helpful especially since I am not a calender kind of guy. It's nice because the ipad will remind you when you have things going on with a notification.
I still find it to be pretty distracting in classes I don't really care about it really is entirely too easy to zone out on the internet or play a downloaded game to make it through class.
All in all it has been very helpful other than minor distractions in classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment